Family Based Green Card

U.S. Citizen applying for the following (Visas immediately available)
  • 1 ) Spouse
  • 2 ) Unmarried sons and daughters under 21
  • 3 ) Parents

Preference Relatives - A limited number of immigrant visas are issued each year
  • 4 ) First preference (F1)
    Unmarried children of US citizens (those who are 21 and older)
  • 5 ) Third preference (F3)
    Married sons and daughters of US citizens
  • Fourth preference (F4)
    Siblings and half siblings of US Citizens who are at least 21 years of age

Green Card Holder applying for the following:
Second preference (F2A and F2B)
  • F2A Spouses and children of lawful permanent residents
  • F2B Unmarried sons and daughter of lawful permanent residents

Family Based Visa

U.S. Citizen applying for the following:

  • 1 ) K-1 / Fiancé(e)
  • 2 ) K-3 / Spouse of U.S. Citizen
Green Card Holder applying for the following:
  • 3 ) V Visa / Spouses and Children of Green Card Holders

Employment Based Green Card

  • EB1-A (Extraordinary Ability)
  • EB1-B (Outstanding Professor or Researcher)
  • EB1-C (Multinational Manager)
  • EB-2 (Exceptional Ability and Advanced-Degree Professionals)
  • EB-3 (Professionals, Skilled Workers and Other Workers)
  • EB-4 (Religious Workers)
  • EB-5 (Investors)

Temporary Work Visa

  • H1-B Visa (Special Occupation)
  • E-1/E-2 Visa (Treaty Traders and Investors)
  • L Visa (Intra-Company Transferee)
  • O Visa (Extraordinary Ability)
  • P Visa (Entertainers and Athletes)
  • R-1 Visa (Religious Workers)
  • TN NAFTA Professional

Student Visa

  • F-1 Visa (Students)
  • J-1 Visa (Exchange Visitors)
  • J-1 Waiver Application
  • M-1 Visa (Vocational Student Visa)

Visitor Visa

B-1 Visa

Alien visitors coming to the United States for business can apply for B-1 visa.

Although B-1 visa allows alien visitors to come to United States for various business and economic activities (i.e., attending conferences, attending meetings, negotiating sales on behalf of foreign employers), it is important to note that this trip should be temporary and cannot involve employment in the United States.

B-2 Visa

Foreign nationals coming to the United States for the following activities can apply for B-2 visa at U.S. Consulates:

  • An alien coming for tourism, shopping, visiting friends and relatives
  • An alien coming for medical treatment
  • An amateur entertainer or athlete engaging in an amateur activity
  • An alien coming to marry with the intent to return to a residence abroad soon after the marriage
  • An prospective F-1 or M-1 student who is seeking to enter the United States more than 90 days prior to his or her expected registration date, is fully qualified for classification as an F-1 or M-1 student, and will apply for change of nonimmigrant classification to one of these categories
  • A prospective F-1 student coming for the purpose of selecting a school


Once admitted to the United States, the B-1 or B-2 holder can apply for extensions of stay that may be required by business circumstances or due to family reasons or travel plans.

The application must be mailed to the USCIS service center with jurisdiction over the place where the B-1 or B-2 nonimmigrant is temporarily residing. The Extension request should be filed at least 45 days before the authorized period of stay expires.


A B-1 or B-2 visa holder may have legitimate reason to change his or her status from the B-1 or B-2 category to a different nonimmigrant status.

For example, a person arriving in the Untied States on B-2 visa may later determine to enroll in course work here. In such situation, he or she has to change his or her status to F-1 status. The Change of Status request should be filed at least 45 days before the authorized period of stay expires.

Naturalization and Citizenship

You may be able to apply for naturalization if you are at least 18 years of age and have been a permanent resident of the United States:

  • For at least 5 years; or
  • For at least 3 years during which time you have been, and continue to be, married to and living in a marriage relationship with your U.S. citizen husband or wife; or
  • Have honorable service in the U.S. military; or
  • Certain spouses of U.S. citizens and/or members of the military may be able to file for naturalization sooner than noted above.

There are exceptions to this rule for someone who at the time of filing:

  • Is 55 years old and has been a permanent resident for at least 15 years; or
  • Is 50 years old and has been a permanent resident for at least 20 years; or
  • Has a permanent physical or mental impairment that makes the individual unable to fulfill these requirements.

For children under the age of 18:

  • Biological or adopted child of U.S. Citizen either by birth of naturalization; or
  • Child of a U.S. Citizen born outside the United States; or
  • Biological child born out of wedlock.
Lost or needed to replace your Certificate of Naturalization.

Airport and Border Inspections

Have you ever been under the following situations?

  • Denied or delayed airline boarding;
  • Denied or delayed entry into and exit from the U.S. at a port of entry or border checkpoint;
  • Continuously referred to additional (secondary) screening;
  • Situations where travelers believe they have faced screening problems at ports of entry;
  • Situations where travelers believe they have been unfairly or incorrectly delayed, denied boarding or identified for additional screening at our nation's transportation hubs.
Let us help you find out what information are in the USCBP or USCIS computer system so we can better advise you what you should prepare or do before entering the U.S.

To those who hold lawful Permanent Resident status (LPR or Green Card) and have not returned to the U.S. over a year or more, upon your entry, U.S. officials can make you surrender your green card “voluntarily” on the spot. You can contest it and be brought before an immigration court to determine your right to remain a permanent resident.